Mark Robertson, DPT, is the Director of Rehabilitation Services for Lindsborg Community Hospital. Physical therapy staff members Robin Hodges, PT; Connor Chambers, DPT; Pam Askren, PTA; Jaime Elseth, PTA; and Nicki Ebert, PTA form the physical therapy team.
"Outstanding PT department!"..."wonderful to work with"..."the deep massages at my treatment times helped tremendously!"...are just a few of the comments recorded from patient satisfaction surveys.
Available to inpatients and outpatients, Physical Therapy (PT) is a rehabilitation process to improve movement and function. The PT staff will work to identify, correct and/or prevent movement dysfunction following disease, injury or surgery. Although a provider’s order is not required for services, please check with your insurance company to see if your policy will cover treatment without a provider referral.
PT clients of all ages and diagnoses are evaluated and treated with an individualized program designed to achieve maximum function in the most effective, efficient way possible.
The PT departments offers a variety of treatment services including:
- Sports rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular re-education following neurological insult (CVA, TBI, MS) therapeutic exercise for total joint replacement, orthoscopy surgery or ligament repairs
- Training for the proper use of assistive devices (walkers, prosthetics, wheelchairs)
- Instruction for the use of prosthetic devices for ambulation and balance following amputation
- Joint mobilization, myofascial release, exercise and soft tissue mobilization to restore functional motion
- Posture and ergonomic evaluation and education for individuals and the workplace
- Modalities (treatments) to reduce pain and improve mobility such as electric stimulation, ultrasound, iontophoresis, hot/cold packs and paraffin
- Balance/fall risk reduction
- Vertigo treatment with Vestibular Rehabilitation and Canolith procedures for BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
- Wound care for debridement
- Urinary and bowel incontinence using exercise and biofeedback
- Osteoporosis management
If you have an ache or pain that just won't go away, or find that you or a loved one cannot perform routine activities due to physical restriction, physical therapy may be the answer!
To schedule your appointment, please call 785-450-5115.