SKILLED NURSING & SWING BED
Lindsborg Community Hospital is committed to recovery and care designed for patients no longer requiring acute care hospitalization, but still in need of additional skilled care before going home. LCH provides the transitional care for patients who need assistance in gaining maximum independence following an illness or injury.
We incorporate skilled nursing with therapy to help our patients meet their fullest potential prior to leaving our facility. Swing bed patients receive specialized care and recuperate in a caring, personalized environment.
LCH skilled nursing will accept patients with a variety of skilled needs:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- IV Therapy and multiple intramuscular injections per day
- Skilled observation and monitoring for a condition treated in acute care
- Initial phase of instruction in the use of medications and treatments
- Initial teaching of a regimen involving respiratory therapy and oxygen
- Management of nutritional and/or hydration including initiation of tube feedings
- Intensive bowel and bladder retraining and/or initial training in self care of an ostomy
- Daily lab